Monday, October 19, 2009

Undergrad Stuff

This is my favorite piece from undergrad. This is a duplicate of a Remington revolver, it was made out of Wenge and Brazilian Cherry wood. The barrel of this gun rotates. I should have made wooden bullets with it. This piece was given to my brother as a gift. (He is a gun collector)










These cups were the beginning of a series of items that got me into the woods program here at A.S.U. It started the whole kitchen idea. I made about 30 of these little cups. Only 15 made it to the senior show. All of them were turned separately and hollowed out. They are made out of bass wood. They were primed on the inside and the outside was painted to resemble the color of apples.













This mixer is what got me started on a the whole idea of making appliances out of wood. Thank God I found this great book filled with images of appliances from the 20 all the way up to the 6o's. This is my idea of a "Kitchen Aid" mixer. I am still working on perfecting chrome colors. I find that silver leafing is very very expensive. But, for this project I think the silver paint worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment